MAX NANOs come fully equipped with everything needed to sustain a reef aquarium, sparing you from dealing with component selection or compatibility.
Every piece of equipment incorporated in the system was designed on the basis of Red Sea’s 30 years of research on the needs of corals in artificial environments, resulting in optimal coral growth and coloration.
MAX NANOs are ideal for first-timers who want to experience what it’s like to grow their own corals, as well as advanced reefers interested in a tank that won’t consume too much space or time.
1. Surface skimmer – The surface skimmer enables highly effective filtration by ensuring that only water from the aquarium surface is passed to the rear filtration compartment. The surface skimmer is easily removable for periodic cleaning.
2. Pump power center – The MAX NANOs have a built-in power center with conveniently located on/off switches for the skimmer and circulation pumps, enabling easy access for feeding and maintenance.
3. ReefLED lighting – The MAX NANOs incorporate Red Sea’s ReefLED 50 light, that has a light intensity and spectrum that is 100% utilized by the corals, ensuring optimal coral growth and coloration. In addition, the ReefLED 50 has a Moonlight channel to provide low levels of light for reef-safe nighttime viewing.
4. Automatic top-off – An automatic top-off unit with a 1.5 liter/ 0.4 gal freshwater reservoir (hidden behind the screen above the sump) maintains a constant water level, and is sufficient for approximately 3 days of evaporation.
5. Rotatable rear sump screen – The rotatable screen allows easy access to the rear filtration compartment sump, while ensuring that the aquarium’s aesthetics are undisturbed.
6. Ultra-clear glass – MAX NANO aquariums have a rimless design and are made from 8 mm, ultra-clear glass, which provides a superb viewing experience.
7. Micron filter bag – The 225 micron filter bag removes large waste particles from the water.
8. Protein skimmer – The heart of the filtration system is Red Sea’s NANO protein skimmer that efficianly removes organic waste from the water.
9. Multidirectional eyeball nozzle – The filtered water returns to the display tank via a multidirectional, adjustable eyeball nozzle, ensuring there are no stagnant spots within the aquarium.
10. Dedicated media chamber – The rear sump includes a dedicated media chamber for additional chemical filtration, such as Red Sea’s REEF-SPEC carbon, that is supplied with the MAX NANO.
11. Bubble trap sponge – The bubble trap sponge prevents air bubbles from returning to the aquarium.
12. Circulation pump – The 950 liter per hour Sicce return pump circulates the entire system water volume about 10 times an hour.
13. Marine-spec cabinet – The MAX NANOs are available with an optional marine-spec laminate cabinet fronted with weatherproof epoxy painted doors, convenient push openers and soft close stainless steel hinges.
14. Carbon – Both NANO models are supplied with 100 grams of Red Sea’s REEF-SPEC carbon, enough to maintain crystal clear water for the first 2 months.
The MAX NANO Peninsula is the same height and width as the MAX NANO Cube, but its larger depth adds almost 40% more to the display space.
This additional depth keeps the reef compact, but provides more room for corals and allows for more impressive reefscapes.
Display tank length – 45 cm
Display tank height – 45 cm
Display tank width – 58.5 cm
Total system height – 132 cm
Total system water vol. – 100 L
Display tank water vol. – 87 L
Ultra-clear front glass – 8 mm
Ultra-clear side glass – 8 mm
Bottom glass – 8 mm